A push notification is a message that pops up on a mobile device.
They look like SMS text messages and mobile alerts, but they only reach users who have installed your app. Every mobile platform has support for push notifications.
It is a chance to write compelling notifications that are valuable to users and that drive action.
App publishers can send these notifications instantly or at a scheduled time.
Your users can receive these push notes on their lock screen so they don't even have to be in the app.
Push notes are pretty useful, as they provide convenience and value to your app users, for example:
- The latest company news updates, statistics and scores
- Utility messages like traffic and weather reports
- Flight check in, changes, and connection information
- Get a user to take an action, such as downloading a ticket or a coupon
- Let a user know about events and happenings
For app publishers, push notifications are a way to speak directly to a user. They don't get caught in spam filters, or forgotten in an inbox — click-through rates can be twice as high as email. They can also remind users to use an app, whether the app is open or not. They can also be used to drive actions, such as:
- Promoting products or offers to increase sales
- Improving customer experience
- Converting unknown app users to known customers
- Sending transactional receipts right away
- Driving users to other marketing channels, such as social networks
Good news! You can send push notifications directly from inside the app or from your app editorial dashboard.
We've already set it all up for you and it's ready to go.