An RSS Feed URL integration automates the way you collect content by connecting an RSS Feed from a webpage of your choice directly to your app MIX.
Have you read our FAQ "What is an RSS Feed and how do I generate one?"
When you choose a webpage that you want all its contents to automatically appear in your app as soon as it becomes available on the website, you take the RSS Feed url from that webpage and connect it to your app with our integration function - rss.tchop.io
This also means, you can set up an integration for Google search results too. So any latest news on a particular topic, can appear in your app as soon as it appears in Google. Here's how to do it:
How to set up Google search results RSS Feed Integration:
- Search the topic you want in Google and then click on "News" just below the search bar.
- You should now be seeing a list of results on the latest news of your search term.
- At the bottom of the page. click on "Create Alert"
- From the "Alert" page, choose "Show Options"
- Where the option "Deliver to" is, choose "RSS Feed" from that dropdown menu.
- Then click "Create Alert"
- Then click on the RSS Feed icon and a page of XML code will appear.
- The URL of that page of code, is the url you need to connect to your tchop app.
- Next, follow the standard tchop RSS Feed Integration instructions below...
How to set up tchop RSS Feed Integration:
- Log into your app channel or go directly to rss.tchop.io and select the channel you wish to make the integration connection.
- From your dashboard side navigation, go to "Integrations".
- Click on "CONNECT RSS FEED".
- You will arrive at rss.tchop.io
- Click on "+ Create a new connection".
- Create a name for your connection.
- Add the RSS Feed url where it says "Your RSS Feed" (This will be the url of xml code you generated from the Google search results webpage you want to feed its contents from. See step 7 above)
- Choose the MIX you want to feed the content to, from the dropdown menu.
- Choose if you want the content to feed "From now" or "last 5, 10, 15 or 20" and choose if you want the content to automatically publish. (If you prefer to review the contents before publishing, then un-tick this box and publish manually from your dashboard).
- Hit SAVE. It should take about 10 minutes to see the feed in your app channel.
Tchop Blog: If you would like to read more on our Integrations features, check out our tchop blog posts: